Friday, October 28, 2011

Happiness #13

I had a really bad week.

That's all I'm really going to say about it and so, I wasn't at all motivated nor did I even have anything to post last night. I should have and of course could have tried harder to find something, but it just wasn't working, so I skipped yesterday. It so happens as I opened the page to start writing this post, that yesterday was also Day #13 -- not that I believe in those superstitious ideas (my dad was born on the 13th for example and I'm pretty happy about his date of birth), but just for the heck of it I wanted to throw it out there.

What made me happy today or rather, specifically tonight:

Even through the last-minute-ness of Kids' Night and also the lack of response from the kids during the singing (compared to the last three), when we sang "Jesus In My Life" and the rap part came up, there was such a huge response. The kids screamed and understood that they were asked to scream. They sang back the Wo-ahs and I even caught some girls dancing in their seats.

Babies, children...kids make me happy. I hope I become a good mom some day.

PS: I made my first baby mistake today and when I say baby mistake, I mean while I was holding one -- I yelled "ATTENTION" really loudly (my voice can get really loud...) when they were starting dinner...while holding a not-yet-one-year-old baby. Needless to say, it was embarrassing and the baby started crying. Luckily, the baby knew who I was and calmed down soon enough but not a great move.

No comments:

Post a Comment