Friday, May 27, 2011

the summer days of blog posting

i have officially slacked off way too much on everything. everything being multiple things, not everything. those multiple things would include:

  • reading: i'm currently reading This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen...and i may start working on another book after that. maybe a classic. or maybe A Great and Terrible Beauty. that's close enough to being a classic
  • exercising: this is a little harder. the last time i had the will to go run on the treadmill, i found out that some kid(s) had broken it. but the mommabird informed me before my vacation trip that it had been repaired. probably by my dad. anyhoo, while i was in the outer banks, i ran beside the beach, with the waves lapping at my feet as they came to and fro. barefoot too! which meant that my calves got worked out like crazy, which explained why i couldn't walk up or down the stairs properly for the three days that i ran. or jogged. or jog/walk i mean. 
  • blogging: this kind of goes along with journalling. i used to journal a lot and now i don't. i barely do. i rarely do. and when xanga was still popular, i blogged there a lot. but to be fair, that was also when i was a distraught, emotional teenager (like i'm still not one, right) going through stupid things like high school and teenage angst. i'm a lot more blunt and cynical...and probably sarcastic and narcissistic and mean than i used to be, but i'm still sweet. i think. i hope. 
pause: the sisters that are in the sister meeting downstairs in my kitchen just tried to sing in rounds for this one song...and it just didn't work. my musically-trained ears hurt a tad bit. 
  • journalling: this may be tied to the fact that i'm a little picky about my journals. while i was growing up as a child into a teenager, my parents (one or the other) would be the ones buying my journals. and i don't know how they did it, but they always picked the right ones. now that i'm older and i don't really ask them to buy my a journal anymore, the task is a little harder than i deemed it to be. then again, buying notebooks and any kind of writing utensils or materials isn't exactly the best activity for my decision-making abilities.
  • baking: i really, really like baking. there's something about the way the ingredients need to be prepared and measured carefully, and mixed together (i don't know about the readers who actually follow this blog, but i grew up watching my mom use chopsticks to mix together the cake mix so i've decided that chopsticks > mixer -- that, and i don't really like our mixer). and then you pop it into the oven and just wait. what really gets me about baking is just watching how the cupcakes/cakes/muffins/cookies rise up and turn into sugary goodness. i once sat in front of the oven just to watch the batter rise. no joke.
  • doing my own laundry: i know this must sound silly but ever since i graduated from high school, i've talked (or maybe joked) about doing my own laundry. in my family, we throw all of our dirty clothes together into two baskets -- dark and light. and then it's up to my mom to do the rest. when it's summertime, i usually help by hanging the clothes outside on the clothesline (we don't have a dryer) and then taking them down once they've dried and doing the folding. it's one of the chores that i believe i actually wouldn't mind doing. i take that as a good sign. but yes! the reason my mom and i use for why i don't do my own laundry yet? i don't have my own laundry bin/basket. but that's...not really valid. 
  • creating: ...this one's a tough one. i guess what i mean is actually keeping myself busy with making things. like that scrapbook shrink (she's my best friend and sister -- we'll go by the nickname for now) and i have always thought of. or making friendship bracelets for everybody i know. or even taking a photography class or maybe an art class. i recently learned how to make hemp bracelets, which are a little more casual and less flashy than friendship bracelets in my opinion, so those would work! 
i'm going to stop there because i feel like i'm just talking about things that i do rather than things i would like to do. or i'd start talking that way at least. but yes. here's to the goal i will set for myself. i will either journal or blog every day from now to the end of summer. i feel like if i get into enough of a routine out of it, maybe my mind wouldn't be junked up with things that fly around in it. and maybe then, i can start being literate again. haha. i make myself laugh. there is actually a lot i could talk about...but here's to the end of this entry! 

1 comment:

  1. I once sat in front of the oven to watch cookies rise :)

    ReplyDelete